The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is seeking a premier accounting professional with a focus on pension issues to serve as a Project Manager. Salary is very competitive with senior level public sector positions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and be a certified public accountant.
- Candidates must have 10-15 years senior level accounting experience, the majority of which is in pension administration and/or analysis.
- Experience in a state pension system as a CFO, Assistant CFO, Comptroller, Controller, Accounting Supervisor, or similar position is highly desirable.
- Candidates with an academic background are also encouraged to apply provided they also possess substantive practical experience in their work history.
- Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, extremely well developed analytical skills, and the ability to approach pension issues in an objective, thoughtful manner.
- Successful candidate will work with a team on pension accounting and pension projects in a professional, intellectually stimulating environment.
- Candidates must have experience managing complex, technical projects exhibiting leadership on the development of ideas and recommendations.
- Candidates must have a record of impartial, objective analysis, approaching issues with an open mind; be able to identify possible solutions that are technically and conceptually sound and that reflect consideration of cost/benefit and operational issues.
- Candidates must be able to work closely with a project team on the development of recommendations.
- Candidates must have a positive work history in project planning, research development and implementation, and direct oversight of a project team (skills to be applied on future projects).
- Candidates must have well developed writing skills with the ability to convey complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Candidates must have well developed presentation skills with the ability to participate and at times lead discussions at Board meetings, educational sessions and various meetings with GASB constituent groups.
- Candidates must be willing to maintain a broad knowledge of governmental accounting, demonstrating a desire for ongoing professional development and learning.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong listening skills and a genuine willingness to exchange ideas in a collegial, stimulating environment.
Qualified candidates that meet the requirements of this position should forward their resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Ginny Cintron, Personnel Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.