FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Nonpublic Entities
Date: Monday, December 16, 2013
Time: 1:00–2:40 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Program Description: The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its next semiannual webcast providing an update on the FASB’s standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit (NFP) organizations. The areas covered will include:
- The work of the Private Company Council (PCC), including proposed and final alternatives within U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and related FASB projects (Definition of a Public Business Entity, Development Stage Entities)
- The FASB’s projects to improve NFP Financial Reporting, and related and other discussions of the FASB’s NFP Advisory Committee
- The FASB-IASB projects on Leases, Revenue Recognition, and Accounting for Financial Instruments (focusing on latest developments and next steps)
- Other FASB projects of interest to private companies and NFP organizations
- Some recently-issued Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs).
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will have a general understanding of noteworthy recent ASUs and the latest developments in ongoing FASB projects affecting private companies and NFP organizations.
Participants will have the opportunity to email questions to the panelists during the event.
Registration: To register for this event, please use this link.
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None
Recommended CPE and Field of Study: 2.0 hours; final CPE earned will be determined based on the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016