The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is seeking a Project Manager to manage GASB technical projects from inception to issuance of authoritative literature (ex., Statements of Governmental Accounting Standards, Concepts, or Interpretations). Salary is very competitive with senior level public sector positions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and be a certified public accountant.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 10-12 years of experience in public accounting, government, or development of Accounting Standards.
- Candidates with an academic background are also encouraged to apply provided they also possess substantive practical experience in their work history.
- Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, extremely well developed analytical skills, and the ability to approach issues in an objective, thoughtful manner.
- Candidates must have a record of impartial, objective analysis, approaching issues with an open mind; be able to identify possible solutions that are technically and conceptually sound.
- Candidates must have a positive work history in project planning, research development and implementation, and direct oversight of a project team.
- Candidates must have well developed writing skills with the ability to convey complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Candidates must have well developed presentation skills with the ability to participate and at times lead discussions at Board meetings, educational sessions and various meetings with GASB constituent groups.
- Candidates must be willing to maintain a broad knowledge of governmental accounting, demonstrating a desire for ongoing professional development and learning.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong listening skills and a genuine willingness to exchange ideas in a collegial, stimulating environment.
Qualified candidates that meet the requirements of this position should forward their resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Ginny Cintron, Personnel Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org