Educational Webcasts and Webinars
Fair Value Measurement and Application: A Webinar for State and Local Government Financial Statement Users
Date: Thursday , July 17, 2014
Time: 1:00–2:00 PM, Eastern Daylight Time
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is pleased to announce a webcast on its newly-issued Exposure Draft, Fair Value Measurement and Application. Aimed at users of state and local government financial information, this is an informational webinar. (No CPE credit is offered for this webcast).
The areas covered will include:
- Background of the project and expected improvements to financial reporting
- The proposed definition of fair value and key concepts behind it
- Application of fair value to investments and significant exceptions
- Proposed disclosure requirements for fair value measurements
- A question and answer period.
Speakers: Dean Mead, GASB research manager; Randy Finden, GASB project manager; Deborah Beams, GASB practice fellow.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will have a general understanding of the proposals contained in the Exposure Draft and be prepared to provide the GASB with feedback.
Participants will have the opportunity to email questions to the speaker during the event.
Registration: To register for this event, please use this link.
Delivery Method: Group-Internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None
Recommended CPE: This is a NON-CPE course