Implementation Guidance—2021 UpdateProject Description: The objective of this project is to update implementation guidance for additional issues that come to the attention of the staff. This project will result in the issuance of an annual Implementation Guide. In addition, all updates will be incorporated into the Codification of Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards and the Comprehensive Implementation Guide, as appropriate.
Status: Implementation Guide No. 2021-1, Implementation Guidance Update—2021, cleared for issuance: May 2021
Implementation Guidance—Update 2021—Project Plan
Background: Implementation guidance is updated annually through the addition of new questions and answers.
- 2020 Implementation Guidance Update cleared for issuance: April 2020
- 2021 update project proposed for addition to current technical agenda: April 2020
- Consultative group appointed? No
- Exposure Draft cleared for issuance: November 2020
- Comment period: November 2020–February 2021
- Redilberations began: March 2021
- Implementation Guide No. 2021-1, Implementation Guidance Update–2021, cleared for issuance: May 2021
Minutes of Meetings, May 20–21, 2021
The Board reviewed a ballot draft of Implementation Guide No. 2021-1, Implementation Guidance Update—2021, and discussed clarifying edits. The ballot draft excluded proposed Question 4.6 of the preballot draft from the final Implementation Guide. The Board did not object to the issuance of the final Implementation Guide 2021-1.