Resources and Guidance for Stakeholders
Resources for Stakeholders
The GASB is making a variety of resources available to stakeholders to help them navigate accounting and financial reporting issues that may arise during this uncertain period and answer questions that you may have about existing pronouncements and implementation guidance.
The GASB’s COVID-19 Emergency Toolbox is designed to help stakeholders quickly identify the GASB’s authoritative guidance on over 20 issues that could be relevant under the current circumstances. Toolbox links are provided identifying additional professional organizations from which stakeholders may obtain nonauthoritative recommendations for financial reporting and other activities as government’s deal with the effects of the pandemic.
Please visit www.gasb.org/covid19 for more information, including how to send a technical inquiry to the GASB on specific questions you may have.
Guidance for Stakeholders
The Board is also working to provide relief to stakeholders that applies to forthcoming pronouncements and proposals:
- Statement No. 95, Postponement of the Effective Dates of Certain Authoritative Guidance, provides relief to governments and other stakeholders in light of the COVID-19 pandemic by postponing the effective dates of nearly all recent pronouncements and implementation guides by one year or more.
- The Board extended the comment period for the Disclosure Framework Concepts Statement Exposure Draft from April 17 to June 30.
- The comment periods for the Recognition Concepts Statement Exposure Draft, the Financial Reporting Model Exposure Draft, and Revenue and Expense Recognition Preliminary Views will be lengthened to extend through February 26, 2021 to give stakeholders additional time to respond.
- The public hearings and user forums schedule in connection with those due process documents have been postponed from this fall to March and April 2021.
- The effective dates of Statement No. 94, Public-Private and Public-Partnerships and Availability Payment Arrangements, and Implementation Guide 2020-1, Implementation Guidance Update—2020, were extended an additional year.
- The forthcoming GASB Statement on subscription-based information technology arrangements will feature a one-year effective date extension from the date proposed in the Exposure Draft.