- Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions...››
- Note Disclosures and Required Supplementary Information
Note Disclosures and Required Supplementary Information
Statement 68 also requires employers to present more extensive note disclosures and RSI, including disclosing descriptive information about the types of benefits provided, how contributions to the pension plan are determined, and assumptions and methods used to calculate the pension liability.Single and agent employers will disclose additional information, such as the composition of the employees covered by the benefit terms and the sources of changes in the components of the net pension liability for the current year.
A single or agent employer will also will present RSI schedules covering the past 10 years regarding:
- Sources of changes in the components of the net pension liability
- Ratios that assist in assessing the magnitude of the net pension liability
- Comparisons of actual employer contributions to the pension plan with actuarially determined contribution requirements, if an employer has actuarially determined contributions.